One thing that helps me through when hard times are ahead are quotes. I love repeating quotes and they uplift me. I know it my sound stupid but I have a book which I write down quotes that I love. I thought I’d share with you my top 5.
5) “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” –Audrey Hepburn
This quote to me is a silly a quote. To me it means have fun, don’t care about opinions of others. Be yourself because that’s best thing you can be.
4) “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.” -Unknown
This quote to me means make as moments as memorable as possible. It also helps me when I think about the people I lost too soon and that their lives may be short but the moments with them is all that matters.
3) “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” –Helen Keller
I love this quote as it basically says the best and most beautiful things in the world is love.
2) “I only hope that we don’t lose sight of one thing – that it was all started by a mouse.”-Walt Disney
I love this quote as Walt Disney is saying that the whole phenomenon that is Disney was started by one of the smallest animals, a mouse. It says no matter how far fetched or small it is you can still do anything.
1) “In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.”-Anne Frank
This quote is by my hero. Anne knew the Nazi’s were killing Jews and that people were suffering because of WWII but even with all this Anne believed there was good in the world. This helps me especially when my faith feels low as it reminds me we must have faith. because yes there were atrocities all over the world in the early 20th century. But there were also amazing acts of courage, bravery and good.
So there are my top 5 quotes. Do quotes help you at all? And what are your favorite quotes?